- This privacy statement applies to personal information collected by the organisation.
- Taranaki Kiwi trust collects personal information in order to carry out its functions, which includes receiving personal information from individuals and businesses for employment, communication and health and safety purposes.
- Persons may choose to voluntarily provide personal information to the organisation, for example to request assistance through our Facebook instant messenger or from our website contact form, this information will be treated confidentially.
- The Taranaki Kiwi Trust will not disclose personal information provided or collected unless you provide consent, in an emergency, or as required or otherwise permitted by law.
Maintaining our cyber security policy
- This policy represents the organisation and we strive to embed these policies into:
- Our day-to-day work
- The culture of the Taranaki Kiwi Trust
- How we manage staff and contractors
- How we treat our customers, partners and stakeholders
Official Information Act 1982 (OIA)
- Any information submitted to the organisation may be subject to an OIA request, and could be supplied to a requestor, with the redaction of details as necessary to protect an individual’s privacy, or to redact commercially sensitive details or other details inappropriate for release, as guided by the OIA.
- Official information means any information the Taranaki Kiwi Trust has created or holds, or which is held on our behalf by another person or organisation, and includes information submitted to us by our stakeholders, partners volunteers and supporters.
The purpose of the OIA is to:
- make official information more freely available.
- provide for proper access by each person to official information relating to that person.
- protect official information to the extent consistent with the public interest and the preservation of personal privacy.
- establish procedures for the achievement of those purposes.